Highlights:

History of BRD Medical College, Gorakhpur:

The foundation stone of B.R.D. Medical College, Gorakhpur was laid on 8th November, 1969 by late Shri C.B. Gupta, the then chief minister of Uttar Pradesh. The institution was named after “Baba Raghav Das”, a devoted freedom fighter and Sarvodaya leader of this area. The appearance of a medical college in the eastern part of Uttar Pradesh, so called ‘Purvanchal’, improved the availability of tertiary health care in this relatively backward area.

The first batch of 50 students was admitted in August, 1972. MBBS teaching was started from 8th August, 1972 under the dynamic leadership of Professor P.L. Shukla as the Founder Principal and Professor of Anatomy at Government Polytechnic College for next 1½ years, as the building construction was in progress.

The teaching hospital complex named “Nehru Chikitsalaya” (Nehru Hospital) came into existence in August, 1974. Now, it has got over 800 indoor beds and outpatient department for various medical disciplines.

Contact Us  

B.R.D.Medical college Gorakhpur
Uttar Pradesh
PIN : 273013
Phone No : 0551 250 1736

Email : brdmcgkp1969@gmail.com
Website : www.brdmc.ac.in