This department was started on
1st December 1973 , by Dr. R. C. Pandey
Courses conducted in Department: Undergraduate course MBBS
Conference Organized by Department:
Indian Radiological and Imaging Association, UP Chapter, in 1982
Facilities to Patients:-
- X-Ray examination ( Conventional and Special investigations)
- Ultrasound Examination & Interventional Approaches
- Color Doppler Ultrasound
- Computer Radiography
||[About 80 - 90/Day ]
||[About 12 - 15/Day ]
Past Heads of Department:-
|Dr. R. C. Pandey
||1973 to 1975
|Dr. K. C. Mathur
||1975 to 1985
|Dr. Om Prakash
||1985 to 1987
|Dr. V. S. Matreja
||1987 to 1996
|Dr. Om Prakash
||1997 to 2007
DEPARTMENT OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY
( STATE OF ART ONCOLOGY CENTRE OF EASTERN U.P.)
Department of radiation oncology began long back (almost 30 year back) , but came in existence
25 Nov 2008 in the Radiology department of
College with the help of Prof. R.K. Jain, Head of the department of Radiology. There after it has organized first ever mega cancer camp on 18 Jan 2010, on this very day all cancer patients who got cured facilitated by gift & free medications, since that very day (18 jan 2010) department of radiation oncology shifted to its new building. Department started running daily OPD.
Presently department having one male ward and one female ward total six beds for Daily CHEMOTHERAPY, IMMUNOTHERAPY, BIOTHERAPY. Department of radiation oncology looking forward to get LINAC/ COBALT/ BRACHYTHERAPY from state government and hopefully soon it will get it to provide radiotherapy facility as well.
RADIATION ONCOLOGY RUNS FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES
- Public awareness programmes : all about cancer.
- Department also organized time to time CME on latest issues in oncology.
Response rate & Toxicity Profile in Inoperable Gall bladder cancer 5- FU 750 mg/ m2 D1 to D 3/ MITOMYCIN 10 mg/ M2 D1/ DOXORUBICIN 50mg/ M2D2/-ƒn3Weekly.
Gemcitabine 1gm/ M2 D1 & D 15/ Cisplatin 50 mg/M2 D2 „µƒn4 Weekly.
- INCIDENCE OF ORAL CANCER IN EASTERN UP
- INCIDENCE OF INOPERABLE GALL BLADDER CANCER IN EASTERN UP.
- SURVIVAL RATE OF CML PATIENTS WITH HYDROXYUREA
TEACHERS OF THE DEPARTMENT
(1) Major (Dr.) M. Q. Baig Associate Professor
(2) Dr. Rakesh Kumar Rawat Associate Professor
(3) Mr. G..C. Maurya, PROFFESOR
/ M.Sc(Physics), Dip. R.P.(BARC)
FACILITIES PROVIDED BY THE DEPARTMENT
(1) DAILY CANCER OPD
(2) DAY CARE CHEMOTHERAPY ,
(3) DAILY RADIOTHERAPY PLANNING
(4) BIOPSY/FNAC PROCEDURE
|MAJOR (DR) M. Q. BAIG
||MONDAY / WEDNESDAY / FRIDAY
|DR. RAKESH KUMAR RAWAT
||TUESDAY / THURSDAY / SATURDAY
HONOURS TO THE DEPTT.
(1) Two papers have been published in International conference organized by Rajeeve Gandhi Cancer Hospital Research Institute,
New Delhi , RGCON 2010
A-Burn scar is a risk factor for breast cancer?
B- Impact of Choronoradiotherapy in oral cancer.
(2) TEXT BOOK ON CHEMOTHERAPY EDITED BY MAJOR DR M.Q. BAIG AS PRINCIPALS OF CHEMOTHERAPY IS A MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT BY THE DEPARTMENT OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY OF