Name of the Head/Nodal Officers:
Dr.Shaila Kumari Mitra
Details of Facilities and Academics of the Department :
At present, the Department of Pathology has the laboratory sections of Histopathology, Cytopathology,Immunohistochemistry, Hematopathology, morbid anatomy,Chemical Pathology, Lymphoma- leukemia registry, and Clinical Pathology. Every section is equipped with state-of-art facilities and is actively involved in patient care, graduate,postgraduate and DMLT teaching,training and research. Automation in Pathology took place with the installation of Fully automated biochemistry autoanalysers, 5-part and 3-part hematology cell counters,Hormone analyser,fully automated coagulometer,fully automated urine analysers and HPLC. 24 hour round the clock emergency pathology services are provided at Central Pathology Lab and Trauma Centre lab. The State Blood Bank has been upgraded as a modern blood bank with facilities for provision of blood and various
components. This is situated in an independent fully air conditioned adjacent building and provides round the clock services on totally voluntary blood donations.
• A Coagulation Laboratory has been set up with facilities for factor assays.
• Hormonal and serum tumor markers are available on cost to cost payment basis.
• Facilities for screening of antenatal women for thalassemias and other haemoglobinopathies are going to be start recently.
The department of Pathology offers various courses including MBBS, M.D.,and DMLT courses.All the divisions are providing specialized diagnostic services, training, teaching to undergraduates, postgraduates, and DMLT in collaboration with various clinical departments. The department runs an extensive training program including lectures, tutorials, journal clubs, seminars, group discussions,case discussions and pathology slide discussions, etc along with CMES and clinicopathologic conferences.
REPORTING SCHEDULE BY FACULTY:CYTOLOGY AND HISTOPATHOLOGY REPORTING
|Dr.Rajesh Kumar Rai
|Dr.Archana ,Dr.Alpana Bundela (Alternatively)
|IHC Reporting (All Days)
|Hematological Reporting (All Days)
|Biochemical Reporting (All Days)
Name of Employees:
Name of Employees ( outsourcing)
Central Pathology lab
Central Pathology lab ( Contrachual)
Name of employees blood bank
Blood bank (outsourcing)
Any Other Achievement of the Department:
Organised Annual conference of Indian academy of cytologists,UP Chapter (CYTOCON 2016)
.Organised Annual conference of Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists,UP Chapter(UP-PATHCON 2010)
Organised CMEs on:
- Rational use of blood and blood components
- Quality assurance programme in relation of NABL accreditation
- Blood banking
- Interpretation of kidney diseases by immunofluorescence
- Motivational workshop on promoting blood donation
- Scientific paper writing
- Recent hematological update with special reference to chronic myeloproliferative disorder
- Got MCI Recognition of all three PG MD pathology seats
- Got many prizes in oral paper and poster presentations in various conferences by our postgraduate PG students.
Research Project running in the Department:
- Study of myocarditis in acute encephalitis syndrome in eastern UP –a project by ICMR(association with department of paediatrics)
- Hospital based cancer registry programme-a project by ICMR(association with radiotherapy department)
Previous Head Name and duration: