Department of Microbiology
( Dr. Amresh Kumar, Head of Department )
This department started functioning as a separate entity, with the foundation of college in year 1972. From year 1972 to 1978, this department remained under Pathology department. This department does bacteriological culture of OPD and IPD patients of Nehru Hospital . It also participates in thesis and other research works of other departments as and when needed.
Courses conducted in Department:
Undergraduate course MBBS
Activities Organized by Department:
Various research works, and papers have been presented in various national
conferences, by head of department.
Teachers of Department:
2.Dr.Kusum jasuja Associate prof(contract)
3. Dr.Vandana upadhaya - Lecturar
Facilities to Patients:
1. Bacteriological Culture of blood, urine stool, of patients of OPD and Indoor of Nehru Hospital
2. Serological test of CSF for Japanese Encephalitis, since year 2005
3. Free HIV test facility, for patients under VCTC programme, by NACO (National AIDS Control Organisation)
4. Test of other STD (Sexually Transmitted Infection) is conducted, in collaboration with
Department of Skin and Venereal Diseases.
Previous Head of Department:
1. Dr. U. K. Singh October 1976 to October 1999